I spend a lot much time contributing to the open source project ROS (Robotic Operating System). I’m really proud of my work and am grateful for the many others who also put in their time and effort into making this project possible. However, after two internships involving ROS – one at Willow Garage and the other at the Open Source Robotics Foundation – I am a little too involved with ROS and it hurts my other responsibilities as a graduate student. I’ve made a list here of the packages and projects that I will continue to maintain, and I will use this list to convince others that I am not being lazy when I say no to providing help, but rather just over-extended. If you want more help from me, impress me by first trying to fix it yourself with pull requests.
This is what I work on:
- MoveIt! – all packages, I’m one of the main contributors. Officially I maintain:
- OMPL – I am a contributor to OMPL and maintain ompl_visual_tools
- Baxter – I maintain baxter_cpp
- HRP2 – working with JSK on humanoid packages, particularly with MoveIt!
- ros_control – I’m a maintainer of this project, though I’m no expert on controls
- Amazon Picking Challenge